ID: 14048
User updated by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: *Configuration Issues
Operating System: BSD/OS 4.x
PHP Version: 4.1.0
New Comment:

Of course it was the last extension - in this case GD.

BSDi 4.2 now comes with both a shared zlib as a shared Jpeg. The zlib is ok, but I've
made a jpeg 6.2 of my own.

There are a number of issues now surfacing, so should I open a new report on GD/BSDi
4.2 for these (HUP signal doesn't work anymore, linking with 2 libraries installed,
makes it core dump)?

Remaining for this report:
1) incorrect detection of HAVE_RES_SEARCH braking getmxrr and other DNS related
functions, work-around:
$ diff -c php_config.h.in php_config.h.in.dist
*** php_config.h.in     Fri Dec 14 21:13:55 2001
--- php_config.h.in.dist        Fri Dec 14 15:06:29 2001
***************
*** 1894,1903 ****
  #define zend_finite(a) (zend_isnan(a) ? 0 : zend_isinf(a) ? 0 : 1)
  #endif

- #ifdef __bsdi__
-       #define HAVE_RES_SEARCH 1
- #endif
-
  /*
   * Local variables:
   * tab-width: 4
--- 1894,1899 ----

I have provided an example of how bind-9.x detects this function.

2) Release versions need a fix of the include statements in various files, since the
old make syntax is used, for BSDi's system provided make, instead of the make
preferred in the PATH and/or specified by $MAKE. This does not apply to snapshots.

Those yacc warnings are harmless.

Ok, working on it.
2 notes on this build:
I get a lot of yacc warnings like these:
/usr/src/web/php/php4/ext/standard/var_unserializer.re:273: warning: label `yy1'
defined but not used

And the XtOffsetOf is redefined:
In file included from /apbeta/include/httpd.h:72,
                 from sapi_apache.c:32:
/apbeta/include/ap_config.h:1367: warning: `XtOffsetOf' redefined

So with the minimum options everything works just fine?
If so, then please try adding some more options and see
when it starts to fail.

--Jani

Ok,

you can rule that out.
Compiles outof the box.
Build php4-200112140600.

Please try the latest CVS snapshot with this configure line:

--with-apxs=/apache/bin/apxs  --without-mysql --disable-pear --disable-xml
--disable-session --enable-debug

As I first want to rule out any extension being the reason for the
segfault.

--Jani

    http://bugs.php.net/?id=14048

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=14048&edit=1