ID: 14535
User updated by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Feedback
Bug Type: Mail related
Operating System: FreeBSD 4.1-RELEASE i386
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

I don't have 4.1.0 loaded on the FreeBSD machine yet, but I received an email this
morning from Ross ([EMAIL PROTECTED]
) who had reported this problem in Bug ID #14032.

He tested 4.1.0 yesterday and had the same result as in previous 4.x versions.

By the way, my test script runs fine in PHP3 on the FreeBSD machine, so this appears
to be limited to PHP 4.x

Could you try 4.10 and/or snapshot and report the result?

http://snaps.php.net/

This is to confirm the bug reported in Bug ID #14032

PHP Apache Module
Versions 4.0.4, 4.0.6
FreeBSD 4.1
Installed on a virtual server at Verio

The script below runs fine on my WinNT/IIS development server running PHP 4.0.4 as a
CGI module.

On the FreeBSD virtual server, the same script always returns false, even though the
mail message has been sent successfully.

Could it be a problem with how sendmail running on FreeBSD is responding (or not
responding) to the mail() function?

===============================
<?php
error_reporting(E_ALL);

$mail_to = '[EMAIL PROTECTED]';
$mail_subject = 'Test Email';
$mail_message = 'This is a test';
$mail_headers = "From:[EMAIL PROTECTED]\nReply-To:[EMAIL PROTECTED]\n";

$sent = TRUE;

$sent = mail($mail_to,$mail_subject,$mail_message,$mail_headers);

if ( $sent == TRUE )
        print("Mail sent successfully");
else
        print("Mail was not sent");