From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: Linux
PHP version:      4.0.6
PHP Bug Type:     Scripting Engine problem
Bug description:  exit() and its annoying output

Hi,

I'm using PHP to write shell scripts that support
HTML-embedded code. The latter one rely on a minimal
output, for instance reading a configuration by calling a
cmdline-script that simply returns the value to some key.

exit() is very annoying because of putting out the exit
state submitted as an integer to it. Either I have to do
some tricks on shell script side or within my
HTML-embedded stuff by removing that extra output. Anyway,
it's something I shouldn't need to do if PHP wouldn't lack
of some simple function doing the exit-job without some
output and even without tricks included.

Thomas Urban

--
Edit bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=14574&edit=1