Old Status: Open
Bug Type: Sybase-ct (ctlib) related
Operating System: RedHat 6.2
PHP Version: 4.0.5
New Comment:

Does this still happen with PHP 4.1.0?

R.

RE #5684,

You asked for any other cases: I get this error when I use a custom error handler to
catch sybase errors. For example, if I try to delete a record with children in other
tables, it raises a FK constraint violation error...everything normal.

But after that error, where I try to do database reads and writes in my error handler
function, I get really wierd problems. The main problem is that ctlib start reporting
level 10 errors, instead of level 11, eg:

   DB ERROR: Changed database context to 'xxx'.

After this, I get "cannot allocate connection record." This only happens after I catch
the error. If I turn off my error handling function, everything is fine.

This says to me that the ctlib (or PHP) can't carry on after an error. But then I know
little about either :)