ID: 14615
User updated by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Unknown/Other Function
Operating System: Windows
PHP Version: 4.1.0
New Comment:

"but i'm not really sure what log we are talking about here"

I am talking about the PHP log file which can be defined with the directive "error_log
= ..." in the PHP.INI file.

There's nothing wrong with the editor. I have used Notepad to view the PHP log.

I have also viewed the PHP log with Visual C++ which *converts* (note the word
convert) the LF to CRLF. Appearently, CRLF is the preferred format in Windows for new
lines above LF.

Besides, CRLF is the new line format which practically every editor in Windows
supports.

And besides everything: CRLF *is* the Windows newline, LF is not. So it would not make
sense to use LF as a new line in Windows environments.

well, different systems *have* different default
line ending styles, so we might want to write
whatever is considered 'native' on a certain
platform

but i'm not really sure what log we are talking
about here, as the default log mechanism (as i
know it on Linux/Apache) is to pass log messages
to the webserver for logging?

Your sentence doesn't compute: "[...] but Windows only recognizes ASCII 13 + ASCII 10
(CRLF) as a new line.". You mean, your editor is broken and does not support it.

No bug, bogusifying.

In the PHP log, new lines are defined only with ASCII 10 (LF), but Windows only
recognizes ASCII 13 + ASCII 10 (CRLF) as a new line.
This makes the PHP log look like a mess on Windows systems.