Updated by: lobbin
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: *Configuration Issues
Operating System: OpenUNIX8
PHP Version: 4.0CVS-2001-11-19
New Comment:

Derick?

Is anyone going to look at this?

See also comments in bug #14014 re: the libtool changes.

the snap from today (php4-200111190600) DOES recognize OpenUNIX8.  the libtool
generated does NOT handle dependencies.  I hand-tweaked the config parameters AFTER it
was built.  The generated libphp4.so works (see http://www.lerctr.org/~ler/php.php).

Derick Rethans has an account on this box.  Could someone (Derick?) look into this,
and see why the libtool doesn't recognize OpenUNIX 8?

Also, can the config.guess/config.sub files be updated in the 4.1.0RC branch (if they
haven't been already)?

The changes I made to libtool are:
$ diff -c libtool libtool.ler
*** libtool     Mon Nov 19 11:03:13 2001
--- libtool.ler Mon Nov 19 10:52:46 2001
***************
*** 47,53 ****
  build_old_libs=no

  # Whether or not to add -lc for building shared libraries.
! build_libtool_need_lc=yes

  # Whether or not to optimize for fast installation.
  fast_install=yes
--- 47,53 ----
  build_old_libs=no

  # Whether or not to add -lc for building shared libraries.
! build_libtool_need_lc=no

  # Whether or not to optimize for fast installation.
  fast_install=yes
***************
*** 70,76 ****
  with_gcc=

  # The linker used to build libraries.
! LD="/usr/bin/ld"

  # Whether we need hard or soft links.
  LN_S="ln -s"
--- 70,76 ----
  with_gcc=

  # The linker used to build libraries.
! LD="/usr/bin/ld"

  # Whether we need hard or soft links.
  LN_S="ln -s"
--- 70,76 ----
  with_gcc=

  # The linker used to build libraries.
! LD="/usr/bin/cc"

  # Whether we need hard or soft links.
  LN_S="ln -s"
***************
*** 192,198 ****
  striplib=""

  # Method to check whether dependent libraries are shared objects.
! deplibs_check_method="unknown"
   # Command to use when deplibs_check_method == file_magic.
  file_magic_cmd="\$MAGIC_CMD"
--- 192,198 ----
  striplib=""

  # Method to check whether dependent libraries are shared objects.
! deplibs_check_method="pass_all"

  # Command to use when deplibs_check_method == file_magic.
  file_magic_cmd="\$MAGIC_CMD"

If you want, I can put the real diff up for ftp/http.