From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: Linux
PHP version:      4.1.0
PHP Bug Type:     Session related
Bug description:  Session not expiring with IE5

I am using session_start() and session_id() trying to  identify visitors to
my site.
Problem: the session.cookie_lifetime is set to 0, but with IE5 the session
does not expire when closing all browser windows, clearing cashe and or
deleting cookies.
The session expires as expected when using NS4.

The only thing I can figure out is that IE5 isnt actually closing, but
keeping the session even though I close the browser windows, but that
sounds insane!

But... how can I solve this?

THE SESSION SETTINGS:
session.auto_start Off Off
session.cache_expire 180 180
session.cache_limiter nocache nocache
session.cookie_domain no value no value
session.cookie_lifetime 0 0
session.cookie_path / /
session.cookie_secure Off Off
session.entropy_file no value no value
session.entropy_length 0 0
session.gc_maxlifetime 1440 1440
session.gc_probability 1 1
session.name PHPSESSID PHPSESSID
session.referer_check no value no value
session.save_handler files files
session.save_path /var/php-sessions /var/php-sessions
session.serialize_handler php php
session.use_cookies On On

--
Edit bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=14654&edit=1