User updated by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Documentation problem
Operating System: Linux
PHP Version: 4.1.0
Old Assigned To: yohgaki
Assigned To:
New Comment:

Works wonderfully without the row. That's certainly a win convienence wise, especially
for folks coming over from mysql where the loop syntax is trivial

(while $row = fetch())
{}

I'd prefer to see the docs change then the functionality. I'll take a look at the code
itself but it is hard to see how this is a performance loss, most users end up keeping
a counter anyways.

Why do you prefer making the row required? It seems like a silly added restriction,
especially when I bet 80% of the cases where the function is called don't need it.

Additional comment:
All pg_fetch_* works as reporter mentioned, but
DO NOT take advantage of this.
I may change behavior after I check php3 and php4 CVS log :)

I've checked current code. Reporter is right.
I need to check when this has been changed and I think row should be required
parameter.  I'll keep this behavior if and only if this was the implemented from the
beginning :)
(Current code internally advance row in result structure)

So DO NOT take advantage of this.

array pg_fetch_array (resource result, int row [, int result_type])

makes int row appear required, when it is actually optional.