ID: 14751
User updated by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Apache related
Operating System: redhat 7.1 glibc2.2.4 kernel2.4
PHP Version: 4.1.1
New Comment:

seems resolved for us.

This phenomenon occurs if the SSL-VirtualHost entry's ServerName differs from the main
server's ServerName (in our case nexus.mkmgmbh.com and secure.mkmgmbh.com).

Anyway, this is undocumented _and_ leads to strange behaviour (as posted before, IE
seems to have no problems, while Mozilla is able to download PHP-Source-Code in this
case, which makes this a definite security-risk for all not-thoroughly tested Internet
sites!).

Jonas Maurus
MKM GmbH

I don't exactly understand how this happens, but with a Apache+mod_ssl server, Mozilla
0.9.7 is able to retrieve the source of a .php file, probably by sending non-standard
headers.

Software used:
- Apache 1.3.22
- mod_ssl 2.8.5
- php 4.1.1
- VirtualHost on port 443 with SSLEngine On.
- "AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .php"

Test URL: https://secure.mkmgmbh.com/horde/test.php

Using Internet Explorer 6, you get the compiled page, using Mozilla 0.9.7 it downloads
the source, same url, different behaviour.

Please note that the server uses a non-standard certificate (signed by our own CA).

[Configure line: './configure' '--prefix=/httpd/php' '--with-apxs=/httpd/bin/apxs'
'--with-config-file-path=/httpd/conf' '--with-gdbm=/usr' '--with-mysql=/usr'
'--with-openssl=/usr' '--with-vpopmail=/home/vpopmail' '--with-gettext' '--with-xml'
'--with-mcrypt=/usr' '--with-imap=/projects/serverupd/imap/imap-2001a'
'--with-zlib=/usr']