From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: Windows ME
PHP version:      4.1.0
PHP Bug Type:     Output Control
Bug description:  Session ID is not added if output is compressed with ob_gzhandler

This is the prepend for all of my files:

// Start session
$s_permission = false;
@session_start();
session_register("s_permission");
$fallback = session_name()."=".session_id();

// Start output buffering
ob_start("ob_gzhandler");
ob_implicit_flush(0);

----

This is the footer:

ob_end_flush();

----

The script output works, but the session id is not added to any URLs (if
cookies are set off for sessions). When I remove the output buffering
things turn out fine and the SESSION-ID is added to the URLs. I've tried to
add <?=SID?> on each URL, but that didn't help either. I invented a
variable called $fallback, and add this to each URL, but this can't be a
perfect solution, as without output compression this is not necessary.

Thanx
Daniel
--
Edit bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=14829&edit=1