ID: 14714
User updated by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Documentation problem
Operating System: linux redhat 7.0
PHP Version: 4.1.0
New Comment:

Thanks for that.

I ended up using explode() to do what I wanted.

A user comment directed me to do this.

Thanks for all your help!
David

strtok splits a string into tokens, each token delimited
by any character from the token string.

Changing to documentation problem. Will fix shortly.

Please create a php file with the following content, the version number
of PHP will appear in the output:

<?php
    phpinfo();
?>

Let us know what version you are on.

Sean

This code does not appear to work (it is almost a cut and paste from the
manual with the token changed).  From experimentation I think it is
beacause the token is two characters long.  I am not sure if this is a
bug or a undocumented property of this function.

$string = "This is an example string";
$tok = strtok($string,"%s");
    while ($tok) {
    echo "Word=$tok<br>";
    $tok = strtok("%s");
}

I am sorry I can't be sure of the version of PHP on this server.  I only
have ftp access.

Thanks for such a great product!