From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: Windows 2000
PHP version:      4.1.1
PHP Bug Type:     Unknown/Other Function
Bug description:  PHP as ISAPI dll causes ASP to generate Internal Server Error 5000

The problem only appears when running under Windows 2000 and IIS5.  I tried
the same configuration with Windows NT with no problems.  The problem
appears even when no extensions are loaded.

After running a PHP script using the ISAPI PHP dll almost all ASPs start
generating "Internal Server Error messages (500)".  I checked the logs and
the Event viewer and couldn't come up with anything useful.  I saw this
reported by many people in the bug database but no successfull solution has
been found.

PLEASE NOTE that all php scripts continue to work perfectly!  therefore if
you are trying to find problems with php you won't!  It is only when you
have to have phps and asps running on the same server on a Windows 2000
with IIS5.

As soon as I change to the CGI version (php.exe) the problem disappears but
it is too slow!  I need to prove PHP is faster than ASP because I want to
get rid of those ASPs.... in the meantime they have to "live together"

Thanks!
--
Edit bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=14882&edit=1