There is yet another problem related to external session save handler
modules...

It seems session_module_name() causes race and segfaults.
A user reported bug for mm save handler also. (I've noticed
the problem with pgsql save handler before the bug report, though)

Bug #14780

Here is again,

1) Simplest fix would be hard coded solution
2) Use semaphore to lock during session_module_name()
3) Others?

If I fix with 2), I probably make session.c does not compile
under Windows since I don't know Windows. I appreciate if someone
knows both UNIX and Windows could fix this bug.

Is there better solution for this?

FYI, 4.1.x requires session_module_name() to set external
session save handler. (i.e. Cannot set external save handler
in php.ini) ini_set() may work, but I haven't tried it yet.

--
Yasuo Ohgaki