ID: 13420
Comment by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Apache related
Operating System: Linux mainserver2 2.4.4
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

This same bug strikes PHP 4.0.6 on Solaris 2.6. Our system runs PHP in
safe mode with no exec dir; as a result, NO html page marked as
executable can be displayed. This is so crippling that we're going to
have to remove PHP until it is fixed :-(

It looks as though PHP is scanning all HTML pages when the XBitHack is
enabled.

Changing any php_admin setting through the httpd.conf file using the
following format appears to breaks Apache SSI xbithack:

<DIRECTORY />
    php_admin_value open_basedir "."
    php_admin_flag asp_tags on
</DIRECTORY>

This may be the reason that some of the developers were not able to
reproduce a similar bug reported in Bug id #10575.

Linux version 2.4.4
Apache version 1.3.19
Php version 4.0.6

When xbithack is set to FULL in .htaccess, setting test.htm chmod to 754
allows the SSI calls in test.htm to perform as expected.

However, when open_basedir is specified in httpd.conf the xbithack
directive is ignored and SSI calls in test.htm stop working.