ID: 15008
Comment by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Reproducible crash
Operating System: Linux 2.4.5
PHP Version: 4.1.1
New Comment:

I can verify this bug.  It is happening with my server (check out
http://ged.dynodns.net/band/).  I am using mod_layout in conjunction
with apache, but the bug appears exactly as is described above, and it
looks to be a PHP problem (other pages seem to load fine - but not this
one).

The server executes http://ged.dynodns.net/band/header.phps (source)
before executing http://ged.dynodns.net/band/index.phps (source also).
But after executing the header (successfully, or so it seems, but i
cannot tell where the problem lies - at the end of header.php or at the
beginning of index.php).  However, i was running apache 1.3.22 with
mod_layout and PHP 4.1.0 and everything worked just fine, until I had
another problem and recompiled everything with PHP 4.1.1, so it appears
that this is a PHP 4.1.1 bug.

(Note, that the require()'ed files, web.php and news.php are both files
that are only function declaractions, and don't crash scripts like
events.php)

Apache Config:
--with-layout=Apache
--prefix=/usr/apache
--activate-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a
--enable-module=so
--enable-module=speling
--enable-module=vhost_alias

PHP 4.1.1 Config:
--with-apache=/usr/src/apache-1.3.22 \
--disable-short-tags \
--without-mysql \
--with-pgsql=/usr/pgsql

I hope the source helps - I'm working on building a debugging version
so I can obtain a backtrace.  Just confirming for now.

Please provide a short and self-contained script which reproduces this
crash. A backtrace would also help (but better compile with
--enable-debug first).

After compiling 4.1.1 whith Apache 1.3.22 and MySql 3.23.46

i get follwing erros in the weblog
[Sat Jan 12 21:50:10 2002] [notice] child pid 18992 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)
[Sat Jan 12 21:50:43 2002] [notice] child pid 14447 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)
etc
etc

when reverting to 4.0.6 these errors are gone.

config :
'./configure' '--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs'
'--with-mysql=/usr/local' '--with-gd'