From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: RedHat 7.0
PHP version:      4.1.1
PHP Bug Type:     Strings related
Bug description:  is_dir, is_file

I also posted this as a note in the is_dir function reference.
Configure Command: './configure' '--with-mysql' '--with-apxs'

This (is_dir) no longer seems to work properly, nor is_file as of 4.1.1 on
RedHat 7.0 with Apache 1.3.22.
When is_dir is attempted, files are returned true as well.
My workaround has been to attempt to open each $file returned from the
readdir() using @opendir (with @ to suppress errors).
If @opendir($file) returns true, I know it's a dir, otherwise, must be a
file (or a link).
Perhaps there is something wrong with my config, but then again, maybe
something changed?
is_dir used to work for me in 4.0.4

--
Edit bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=15016&edit=1