ID: 14929
Updated by: yohgaki
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Open
Bug Type: Reproducible crash
Operating System: RedHat Linux 7.0
PHP Version: 4.1.0
New Comment:

I think you are using dev/test system, right?
Try it under test system. Unless you provide more details, it just
can't be fixed :)

Hello!

Unfortunatelly we could not get the core file as we don't have the root
access to the server. Also script crashes after it works for about 5 or
even more hours. We run script in the new process, then, after several
hours, we can see this process running, then, suddenly, it disappears.

Pls. let us know if you have implemented the switch we were asking
about, as we really hope it will help us - we will contact server
admins and will ask them to recompile the php with your switch.

Please read instruction for submitting bugs.
You should attach backtrace ;)

When running a large multi-file script (it should run for several
hours, or maybe even more) using PHP standalone CGI executable from the
shell, it crashes with Segmentation Fault after running a wide and
none-deep (max 5-10 level depth) recursive script.

I'm thinking it's a stack limitation problem.

I found this problem (which is very similar to the "recursive call
limitation" (#1901) PHP Bug Report) with two my own Linux servers (PHP
4.0.4 and 4.1.0).

In the answer to those bug report you mentioned that you may add some
compile-time switch, which will make PHP use heap, but not stack for
intensive data.

Please let me know if such switch has been added and how I can use it
with my servers or if you know some other way, which will help me to
solve this problem.

Thanks in advance!