ID: 15111
Updated by: sander
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Open
Bug Type: MySQL related
Operating System: Windows 2000
PHP Version: 4.1.1
New Comment:

mysql_fetch_array contains each field twice (numeric, and with
fieldnames). RTM on mysql_fetch_row, mysql_fetch_array, and
mysql_fetch_assoc.

I have a table with 10 columns. I queried the mysql database to return
only 5. I used mysql_fetch_array($queryID) to get an array of data to
work with. When I did count(mysql_fetch_array($queryid)) it returned 8.
When I did mysql_num_fields($queryid) it returned 5. Also, when I try
to access the array returned from mysql_fetch_array as a numeric array,
it doesn't work. It doesn't give warnings, but it doesn't give any
data. Here is some sample code:

$qid = mysql_query("SELECT a,b,c,d,e FROM table1");
echo mysql_fetch_array($qid);
echo mysql_num_fields($qid);
echo count(mysql_fetch_array($qid));

Thankyou for your time! =)