From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: Linux
PHP version:      4.0.6
PHP Bug Type:     Session related
Bug description:  Netscape sessions contain no data

I have been trying to implement some shopping cart software that uses a
MySQL database and sessions to track the shopping carts.  When you access
the shop using IE and add an item to the cart, everything is fine.  But
when you access the shop using a Netscape browser (version 4.61) or an AOL
or CompuServe browser, try to add an item to the cart, it comes back and
tells you the cart is empty.  This also happens when you try to login.

The sessions are kept in a /tmp directory on my server.  When I go in an
look at the sessions, there are sessions created for both IE and Netscape,
only the Netscape session contains no data.

This software is Open Source software and I have gone into many other
people's shops and not had this problem which leads me to believe that it
may be server/php related.  What do you folks think?
--
Edit bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=15120&edit=1