ID: 14972
Updated by: markonen
Old Summary: Setting 'sendmail_path' leads to PHP not find sendmail
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Open
Bug Type: PHP options/info functions
Operating System: MacOS 10.1.2 (Darwin 5.2)
PHP Version: 4.1.1
New Comment:

sendmail_path is only for setting the path to the sendmail
executable. You can't set command line parameters for
sendmail with it. To supply command line parameters, use
the fifth parameter to the mail() function, documented at
http://www.php.net/mail.

If 'sendmail_path' is set in the php.ini like this:
sendmail_path = 'sendmail -t -i'

I get the following error in the Apache error log:
zsh: no such file or directory: /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i

If I run /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i manually from the zsh it works but if
I surround it by quotation marks I get the same error.