Updated by: sander
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Open
Bug Type: Apache related
Operating System: Linux Slackware 8.0.0
PHP Version: 4.1.1
New Comment:

Please do NOT submit bugs twice.

I've got php 4.1.1 compiled with apache 1.3.22. In same cases php
interprets non php extensions (for example .aaa or something else) as
php file if there is a php script inside. This happens when the file
has "+x" permissions for the owner of this file.

This is listing of /www/htdocs/users/a/ catalog:

-rwxr--r--    1 agnieszkak   users          17 Jan 18 16:08 index.aaa

And a content of index.aaa9I wrote only)
<? phpinfo(); ?>

When I want to see this file in my browser (host/users/a/index.aaa)I
should get the content of the index.aaa but I don't. The script is
interpreted by php.

In httpd.conf I have only:
<Directory /www/htdocs/users>
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
        AllowOverride None
</DIrectory>
And:

DefaultType text/html.

I think that it is something wrong with php engine but I'm not sure.