ID: 15133
User updated by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Feature/Change Request
Operating System: Windows
PHP Version: 4.1.1
New Comment:

Ok, I've run some tests on my server and I can setup another filtered
extension.  I guess this is one way to run it.  Seeing as this was a
feature request, I thought it might be useful to be able to control
this setting programatically.

If this isn't going to be added to the list of things to add, then
please put this in some kind of configuration documentation somewhere.
This question comes up a lot more than obviously you guys are aware of.

alternatively, why not have your isp make a new filtered extension,
like .pssi or something, which has the executable set as php.exe -q ?

Well, on UN*X, too you don't have to supply the path to PHP.

But as you are implying, a script is either called "normally" OR from a
SSI include. So every script which is called by SSI could have a "php
-q" at the beginning, right? Your set_expose would therefore be
redundant (unless -q is not possible from within IIS).

Is it possible, or not, to run a PHP-script with -q on IIS?

Kind Regards,
  Daniel Lorch

Under IIS, you do not have to supply the path to the executable in
every script.  That's the nature of windows.  It works via file
extension association.

My solution is to create a function called set_expose("off") or
whatever fits in with the php naming conventions so that this can be
set at runtime from within the script.  Thus forcing php to not send
out any headers by itself.

But this a completely intended behaviour. On UN*X you have to provide
the -q as well in _every script_ which should be used as output called
from a SSI directive.

Where do you have to make this setting? Globally for all PHP scripts?
Or can it be done in every script. I don't know IIS, sorry.

Kind Regards,
  Daniel Lorch

Under IIS you specify what script engine runs your php file.  Basically
says that all files with extension .php are run by c:/php/php.exe or
whatever the executable is.

You COULD put the -q in there, but that would apply for all users.  Can
you specify -q at runtime so that my ISP (or any ISP for that matter)
doesn't have to set explicit settings for this?  That way it gets left
up to the programmer HOW they want their php scripts run.

Forcing -q on all users would mean that everyone of the ISP's clients
would have to output all the headers just to get their scripts running.

    http://bugs.php.net/?id=15133

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=15133&edit=1