ID: 9384
Comment by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Unknown/Other Function
Operating System: Win2K
PHP Version: 4.0.3pl1
New Comment:

Anyway having no way to catch fatal errors is bad for production sites,
because site simple "hangs" with no response (if output buffering is
turned on) or breaks all page layout with nasty message.

 I propose you to add setting to php.ini, which will force page
redirection to specified URL if fatal error occurs (if no HTTP headers
is sent on a moment of fatal error occuring). It will give web
developer a chance to show user a page with information, that error is
occured.

this is the expected behaviour because we cannot verify if the zend
engine is still stable after a fatal error so it shuts down. Fatal
errors are fatal for a reason although there are some feature change
requests to separate out Zend fatals (which will never be catchable)
and PHP Fatal errors which maybe oneday we can make catchable.

- James

i don't know if this is supposed to be a feature or not... but there
should be some mechanism to handle fatal errors.