User updated by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Compile Failure
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.1
PHP Version: 4.2.0-dev
New Comment:

For the apache module, I use...

./configure --with-apxs --with-mysql

just one detail question here, can you please include a copy of your
configure options as well?

A solution, that works, for now:

Thanks to http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/php/ (Marc Liyanage).

---------

NOTE 2: I was not able to get the build for PHP 4.1.0 to work
correctly, probably because of libtool issues. A helpful developer
suggested

- running configure in the PHP 4.0.6 source tree
- modifying the resulting libtool script
- then configuring the PHP 4.1.0 sources
- copying the modified 4.0.6 libtool over to the 4.1.0 directory
- and finally running make

This did the trick for me. Here's the line that needs to be changed in
the 4.0.6 libtool script:

old: archive_cmds="\$CC -bundle -undefined suppress -o \$lib \$libobjs
\$deplibs \$linkopts"

new: archive_cmds="\$CC -flat_namespace -bundle -undefined suppress -o
\$lib \$libobjs \$deplibs \$linkopts"

--------- END

Hopefully this will help passers-by looking for assistance.  It seems
like the old libtool (1.3.5?) was OK (except for the -flat_namespace
thing).  It's this 1.4.2 that has caused the headache...

I have PHP 4.1.1 working using this shenanigan.  No more typing
HTTP_POST_VARS and gratuitous global declarations!  Bruhuhahaha...

Oh yeah, I can also say that bug ID 10686 (in datetime.c) has been
fixed and that behavior no longer appears in the mktime function...
Booyah... (http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=10686)

That 'apxs' problem is actually the same bug in libtool as it is under
AIX.

Are you talking about commenting out the "yytext"...

Is this a libtool bug?

Seems like somebody on AIX is having a similar problem.

http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=14245

In the Mac OS X situation, though... it seems to be a threefold
problem...

1. ltmain.sh (due to multiple symbol errors)
2. yytext issue
3. apxs issue

That commenting out should not be nessecairy, I have the same on my
system. The problem is something else...

Derick

    http://bugs.php.net/?id=14483

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=14483&edit=1