From: Manuel Lemos [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2002 5:28 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP-DEV] NEW PHP standalone compiler (was Re: [PHP-DEV]
Here we try again)

Hello,

Edin Kadribasic wrote:

> Its not like there are no opensource compilers for php. I have tried one
> (http://apc.communityconnect.com) and it works great. George Schlossnagle
et
> al have done a great job and implemeted all the difficult stuff with
optree
> serialization/deserialization etc, so making a standalone compiler out of
it
> should be easy.

That is what I said, we just need the glue code to make it work and look
as a PHP standalone compiler without needing to build it into the Web
server. If APC or whoever working on cache engines wants to cooperate to
make such compiler, fine. Nobody will need to pay USD $2400 for
distributing binary applications. :-)

Regards,
Manuel Lemos