ID: 8142
Updated by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: InterBase related
Operating System: Linux 2.2.17
PHP Version: 4.0.3pl1
New Comment:

No feedback was provided for this bug, so it is being suspended.
If you are able to provide the information that was requested,
please do so and change the status of the bug back to "Open".

Do you still experience this problem on PHP 4.1.1?

If I exit() or die() from within a method, a begun transaction is
automatically COMMITTED(!) and I get wierd errors in the http error
log.

<?
    class InterBaseFailure {

    var $dbh;
    var $trh;

    function InterBaseFailure() {
        $this->dbh = ibase_pconnect( "ibase/outerdb.gdb", "web", "pass"
);
        $this->trh = ibase_trans( IBASE_DEFAULT, $this->dbh );
    }

    function Save( $num ) {
        ibase_query( $this->trh,  "insert into dummy values ($num)" );

        // now, if we exit() from here either directly or indirectly
        // there's a mess with the transaction handles. I get:
        // a) an error in the httpd log
        //    "x is not a valid InterBase link resource
        // b) A COMMITTED CHANGE!!!!!
        exit();
    }
    }