ID: 14245
Updated by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Apache related
Operating System: AIX 4.3.3
PHP Version: 4.1.0RC5
New Comment:

Just tried the latest release from the CVS and got the same results.
libphp4.so is not being created.

I am trying to install PHP 4.1.1 on AIX 4.3.3. I have GNU GCC 3.01
installed

$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/php \
--with-apxs \
--with-mysql \
--with-zlib

$ make
Making all in Zend
Target "all" is up to date.

# /local/www/bin/apachectl stop

# /usr/sbin/slibclean

# make install
Making install in Zend
Target "install-p" is up to date.
Target "install" is up to date.
Making install in .
        /local/www/bin/apxs -i -a -n php4 libs/libphp4.so
cp libs/libphp4.so /local/www/libexec/libphp4.so
cp: libs/libphp4.so: A file or directory in the path name does not
exist.
apxs:Break: Command failed with rc=65536

Stop.

Stop.
# ls -l libs
total 16008
-rw-------   1 root     system   4094311 Nov 26 23:53 libphp4.a
-rw-------   1 root     system       749 Nov 26 23:53 libphp4.la

Any update on resolution to this problem?? or a good workaround? I can
not find lilphp4.so.0 as mentioned above.

Don't have time to look at this anymore. And it indeed is a libtool
bug.

This is NOT fixed in CVS yet. It's a libtool bug and I'm trying to
find
out how to fix it atm.

This should be fixed in CVS< can you try a snapshot from
snaps.php.net?

Derick

Updated PHP Version.

    http://bugs.php.net/?id=14245