Yasuo Ohgaki wrote:
> Thanks for your reply :)
>
> Sascha Schumann wrote:
>>>  - Broken mm save handler.
>>>

>>     Your patch to mod_mm.c always returns SUCCESS, even if the
>>     operation fails.  That's pointless, the caller function
>>     checks for that return value.  I also disagree with not
>>     stopping script execution, if the session module startup
>>     fails.  Every script which is based upon sessions completely
>>     depends on them.  Execution shall halt, if such a fatal error
>>     is encountered.
>

> If it returns FALSE, mm save handler does not work for me.
> session_pgsql does not work if returns false.
> msession never returns false also.
>
> = reproduce procedure =
> 1) In php.ini, set save_hander=files
> 2) In script, set save handler module with session_module_name()
>    (Set to mm - user, sessoin_pgsql and msession works)
> 3) In script, start sesson with session_start()
> 4) From browser, reload and see if session variales are saved.
>    (Vars are not saved with my Linux)
>
> Not only it just does not work, but returning false causes
> verious segfaults also. I observed this problem for all save
> handler files, mm, mod_user and session_pgsql.
>
> For files, invalid tmp dir, invalid session name, etc make
> read return false and it caused segfaults.
>
> Perhaps, I should change session.c to accepts false.
> I don't remeber why I didn't change that way.
> I'll write again for this. I don't have much time now.

I have a little more time and take a look at code.
I was hesitating to get into serializer/etc code,
that's the reason why I made it return always success :)

I should read and fix serializer(?)/etc code, in fact.
I guess current deserializer or other code does not accept
NULL for val.

--
Yasuo Ohgaki