Hello,

FYI, I am (trying to) copy php.dev because I feel that it is the for the
other PHP developers to know exactly who they are dealing with,
especially because you speak as if you have the token from every PHP
developer to speak in their name.

Zeev Suraski wrote:

> At 06:03 AM 2/7/2002, Manuel Lemos wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >"Stig S. Bakken" wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes, someone banned your email address from lists.php.net (fixed now).
> > >
> > > Personally, I find it completely unacceptable that someone goes ahead
> > > just banning people just like that.  On behalf of the PHP Group, I would
> > > like to offer you an apology for this.
> >
> >Apologies accepted because I don't think the whole PHP Group would agree
> >on such immature and coward attitude to ban me or whoever from this any
> >other list.
>
> Just FYI, it was me, and I'm still working towards moving forward with this

Honestly I must admit I am shocked. It is a known fact that you impose
yourself to everybody when it comes to PHP decisions, but I really did
not expect this level imaturity and especially the coward way that you
did it before telling me in the face that you would do it regardless of
what other developers may or may not think.

I don't think it was wise from you and does not match the level of
intelligence that I thought you had, not because you decided
unilaterally without any public consultation, to ban my person, but
because you banned somebody. Meaning, it would be equally bad for me if
you made such power abusing decision to ban somebody else.

> ban in a formal way.  Your existence on this list has caused real code
> contributors to sign off and quite a few others to consider it, and
> frankly, that's not worth it.  Just because you have an elephant's skin,
> infinite patience and absolutely no tact, does not mean you can abuse an
> open list like php-dev the way you do.

That is ironic to read that from yourself. Just the other day you were
admiting that some key developers left because of you and just now you
are trying reverse the impression of the other developers that are not
fully aware of the facts and make me the escape goat, so it will look
like as if all developers that left it was because of me.

The reason why I say above that it was not wise is because people are
not stupid and they will judge by themselves about who exactly is
imposing to who to make them leave PHP development.

> I apologize(d) to the group@ for doing it without consulting/notifying
> first, but given the background, I don't believe you deserve any sort of an
> apology.  You have only yourself to thank.

The things you say... you're unbelievable.

I am not an hipocrit and even though I fear further retalliation from
you, personally I will tell you exactly what I think.

I have fear from you, really, I am not being any cynic. I fear you not
because you unilaterally banned me, but because you are really dangerous
as I never thought you were.

Actually, I think most people fear you now. If you are not sure, I think
you will notice their because because they will be silent or otherwise
will not speak a single was of disagreement against you. That is because
if you dared to abuse your power to ban me, others that bother to
challenge you from now on can expect any sort of segregation out of PHP
development even if it is not an explicit ban.

Anyway, most people already know that pretty well and so they remain
silent to not suffer your retaliation. I think all those people that
remain wisely silent knew very well that it is better to stay quiet than
to be segregated. I admit it was naive of me to think that it could be
otherwise.

Now I am absolutely not surprised by the reports that you demand from
the organization of a certain Open Source PHP conference to not accept
the talk of a certain developer (not me of course) that was willing to
make a presentation of a free product that competes with one of the
Zend's commercial products. I don't know how much of that was exactly as
described, but thinking about it, I don't wonder too much anymore about
it because it seems you are try to do the same to me here.

But never mind about me, I already spoke too much. I sense that one of
these days the "sh*t will hit the fan" and that will not have nothing to
do with me. So you rest assured that I am not going to challenge you
further.

Despite I dared to tell you what I think in your face now as ever, I
don't want to have you as an active enemy. I don't hate you, I just fear
you and will have to respect you because of that.

So,  don't expect me to try to do anything against you, if yo thought I
would be capable of, I really won't. It is not of my spirit. My pockets
are empty of ill feelings like the hate and will to revenge that seem to
hold against me. I am sorry that the hate is in your heart, but please
just forget that I was here if you can.

> I'll keep you posted as to if/when you get officially blocked from
> php-dev.  I understood you're actually contributing on pear-dev, so we'll
> try to differentiate between the two.

Don't bother. As I always said I don't want to go where I am not wanted,
and if I had doubts that you did not want me here in the past, now I am
more than certain.

Of course I will stay around PHP because I care about it, I always did.
I did to come to enjoy PHP because of you, so I am not going to drop it
because of you neither.

You may take whatever precautions if you feel you really need to, but I
will never post in php-dev again because you own it and you do not want
me to post. You may believe me because I think of myself of man of word.
I will try to pay attention and remove any cross-posting to php-dev that
also goes to some other address from which I may get any messages.

Anyway, my last words caution, I will leave and you will see exactly if
all nobody else leaves. If somebody leaves you will be sure that it was
not certainly because of me.

To everybody, I apologise for the inconvinience of this "intromission",
but please understand that I really had to speak up openly more than
ever or else I would explode. At least I feel much better for not being
hipocrit and pretend that this farse of power abuse and continuous
arrogance. I also would like to thank to all of those that I respect for
not daring to say all the things that they think in the face of those
that deserve it. Don't cheer for me regardless if you agree with what I
said. I am just being myself. Feel free to address me as before if you
would like that.

Regards,
Manuel Lemos