Daniel Lorch wrote:
> I'm quite sure this is because of the ambiguity of the term "PHP
> development". Also, not-so-skilled developers obviously are not able
> to differentiate between "real bugs" and "user errors". And there's
> nothing you could change about the latter.

yes, but where do they find the list address in the first place?

php-dev is way down in the list of lists on php.net, hidden
between other lists rather obscure to the averatge user,
while php-general is at the top. i don't think this is the place
where they find it ...

my two current theories are search engines and the news server
especialy the news server as php-dev is almost at the top there
as -dev is alphabeticaly before -general ...

anyway, i'd like to know the cause instead of just dealing with
the symptoms. a automatic reply link won't be kind, no matter how
polite the text it sends is, unless something makes sure the user
gets this automatic reply only once per message

--
Hartmut Holzgraefe  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.six.de  +49-711-99091-77

Wir stellen für Sie aus auf der CeBIT 2002 und freuen uns
in Halle 6 auf Ihren Besuch am Stand H 18