Finally got it!

In addition to defining COMPILE_DL_LDAP so that the below mentioned
portion gets included, every extension needs to export the symbol
get_module, which is what the ZEND_GET_MODULE macro translates to.

Thanx to all those who pitched in with suggestions.

Cheers,
Venkat

>>> Markus Fischer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 14/03/2002 12:50:36 >>>
    afaik only the macro ZEND_GET_MODULE which should only be
    enabled in DSO builds.

    #ifdef COMPILE_DL_LDAP
    ZEND_GET_MODULE(ldap)
    #endif

    (which, in fact, requires that ldap_module_entry has been
    defnied already)

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 12:02:38AM -0700, Venkat Raghavan wrote :
> Now, I have LDAP extension built as a separate binary.
>
> I'm not able to load it using dl() with mod_php since it says that
dl()
> is not supported for multithreaded Web servers.
>
> When I try to load it using dl() on the command-line (CGI) version
of
> PHP, it says that PHP_LDAP.NLM is not a valid PHP library. My doubt
is
> that I am not exporting the right stuff out of the binary by which
PHP