hi,

Being severely bitten by the troubles with libiconv & the configure
script in php-4.1.2, I grabbed a cvs version yesterday.
This problem seems solved, but I still can't build a shared version
of php. Doing a ./configure --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs && make
results in :

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lresolv.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

However, as I understand, I don't need libresolv.so, as the resolver
functions are in libc (correct me if I'm wrong).

Worse still, returning to php-4.1.2 and doing a minimal build there,
I noticed the very same problem. Does this have something to do with
a change from 4.0 to 4.1 ? 4.0.6 built fine months ago...

I tried the patches for 4.1.2 that are available in OpenBSD ports, but
to no avail.

I'm using OpenBSD 3.0 Release (Apache 1.3.19), with added automake 1.4-p5,
autoconf 2.13 and libtool 1.4.

--
CUL8R, Peter.