For ob_get_level test, it's okay to test if ob_start()
increments a nesting level by one. ob_get_level()
returns OG(nesting_level) basically.

At a moment, I don't have time to take a look
at what is really going on with trans sid and
zlib.output_compression.
You may need to use real web server SAPI.

Jan Lehnardt wrote:
> Hi,
> On Mon, 25 Mar 2002 05:02:38 -0500
> Yasuo Ohgaki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>trans sid buffer is registered at level 1.
>
> even if session.use_trans_sid = 0 ?

No. Session module registers buffer when trans sid
is active. session.use_trans_sid=1 does not mean
there is trans sid buffer.

>>This makes result wrong and trans sid does not work :(
>

>>IIRC, there is a bug report from user that trans sid
>>does not work when zlib.output compression is enabled.
>>(I forgot about the bug when I wrote previous mail)
>
> from my tests zlib.output_compression does not affect the ob level at
> all.

Did you try with web server SAPI? (i.e. other than CLI, CGI SAPI)
Anyway, if zlib.output_compression=On and ob_get_level() does not
return more than 2, otuput compression is not enabled.

--
Yasuo Ohgaki