At 01:57 29.03.2002, Markus Fischer wrote:
>On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 01:39:52AM +0100, Marcus Börger wrote :
> > >
> > >    This is a (rather) bad excuse. It doesn't matter where we
> > >    "came" from. What we all want is a full-fledged CLI version
> > >    which kickz perl azz. So we adjust it to what makes common
> > >    sense in the shell environment and do not excuse ourselves
> > >    that we once came from an CGI environemtn because this
> > >    another world now.
> > >
> > >    - Markus
> >
> > The question is do we want full stdio support for CLI or -- as awk and so
> > forth.
> > Maybe we should go for a RFC but i'm happy as it is for now. And hey it
> only
> > affects files that start with a minus character.
>
>     An RFC might be a good idea. There is still a minor issue
>     open the way the CLI dependent ini entries are registered in
>     php_cli.c (they're registered after php.ini has been read,
>     effectively overriding the user's configuration, but some
>     values (e.g. max_execution_time) can still be set during
>     runtime).
>
>     - Markus

I agree on that but we should think about the various possibilities
mentioned already in the last days.

- read /home/*/php.ini    or .php.ini or what ever
- have a special section in default php.ini

I would like having both: first look for .php.ini in homedir and then
take global one.
Moving the default inis in front of ini reading should be no problem.

marcus