[Sorry if I am coming in a little late on this one; I've been away for a few
days]

The code in user_streams.c needs a class entry in order to be able to
create an instance of a class; I can't think of a situation where a class
used by user_streams will not have a class entry, since it only applies to
regular native PHP code.  Any other kind of object used in this way would
probably be better off implementing the stream wrapper in C code.

I hope I'm not missing something of staggering importance here :-)

--Wez.