[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>>>That could be a pretty cool extension. Should be
>>
>> > trivial to write. If no one else does, I will after
>>
>>>msession 1.0 is out of beta and released.
>>

>>Do you have any idea how long will it take?
>>If it's short, I can wait rather than writing
>>one by myself :)
>

> That depends on how many people test it :-)
>
> I hope to be done with it by May first. It has turned into a lot of work, several
>people are making some
> very good suggestions, but, alas I only have so much time. The native Windows
>version sucks, it works, but
> it doesn't have anywhere near the performacne of the Linux or FreeBSD version. I
>have to get out SoftICE
> to see if it is "Windows" or something that I am doing wrong. I suspect Windows, but
>before release, I
> have to make sure that it works correctly, and that will affect the full feature set
>I would like to have.
>
> If anyone wants to write a serialization plugin for MySQl and ODBC that would be
>great. (Use the
> PostgreSQL plugin for an example)
>
> If anyone wants to write a master/slave plugin, that would be great too. :-)

It sounds like a lot of work is expected for msession.
So, I'll write a simple one.

[RFC for New Module]
Module name: psv (Persistent Server Variable)
Feature:
  Maintain auto global $_PERSISTENT array that persists
  on single server.
Function:
  none.

Implementtion:
  Shared memory (libmm) for multi-process server.
  Multi-thread server uses global with lock/unlock.

Usage:
<?php

if (!isset($_PERSISTENT['VAR'])) {
   include('register_very_large_array.inc');
}

?>

If you have any comments, especially if you have good names,
please let me know. I probably write this module on this
or next weekend.

--
Yasuo Ohgaki