Edin Kadribasic wrote:
>>I think you are using serialize()/unserialize() to save data, right?
>

> That's right.
>

>>I would like to get rid of serialize()/unserialize() also. Since,
>>I have large web site that has relatively large menu definition as
>>array.
>

> What sort of variables can you store if you don't use
> serialize()/unserialize()? Would your extension be able to store objects? If
> it would then I think the inclusion of $_PERSISTENT would make our lives
> much easier. Especially since there would be no daemons to setup, etc.
>
> Edin

[It seems I've reply only to Edin]

I need to store large static array as lookup table (read only).
I think there are many applications that has relatively
large static array for application configuration, etc.

$_PERSISTENT is problematic, since user may store unsutable
data for it.

I'll create functions to register/unregister so that user can
only store array that does not have any reference nor objects.

It's still useful for my usage, at least.

--
Yasuo Ohgaki