On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 12:57:21AM -0400, Ken Egervari wrote:

> If I have an XML document with 2 applications nodes and the following
> template in the style sheet
>
> <xsl:template match="application">
>     <xsl:number format="a" value="position()" />
>     <xsl:value-of select="@name" />
> </xsl:template>
>
> the result is
>
> b. the name
> d. the name2
>
> When I think it should be "a. " and "b .".  For some reason,
> position() is returning the wrong result.

Out of curiousity, why are you forcing the <xsl:number> value?  With
value="position()" I see the same numbering (b, d) as you when I test
it with xsltproc (Which doesn't use sablotron).  Taking the value
attribute out gives the desired a, b listing.

So, perhaps it's not a bug, but instead sablotron was doing it wrong
beforehand, and has been fixed.  When behavior changes, it doesn't
always mean that the old behavior was correct.

Matt