Aaron Bannert wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 03:50:16PM +0200, Sebastian Bergmann wrote:
>
>>Yasuo Ohgaki wrote:
>>
>>>Any objection for changing -O2 -> -O3 when
>>>--enable-inline-optimization is used? (when GCC is used)
>>
>>  What happened to the plan of making --enable-inline-optimization the
>>  default?
>

> Is making these kinds of optimizations by default such a good idea? I've
> seen many a broken gcc install produce incorrect binaries with the larger
> -O optimizations turned on (unfortunately).
>
> -aaron

Fair.

Experienced users can choose optimization as they want, so
we may want to remove "--enable-inline-optimization" option
since it does nothing.

Any comments for removing "--enable-inline-optimization" option?
(Is there any condition that it affects to build?)

Instead, should we add -finline-functions?

--
Yasuo Ohgaki