On Fri, 10 May 2002, Markus Fischer wrote:

>     Hi,
>
>     can someone state the technical problems we're facing? I'ld
>     rather see this documented (whether it works or no, but
>     documenting).

print is implemented in the scanner level as token (T_PRINT) and that
prohibits it for use as function. It's only a problem if we make this a
function because of *big sigh* BC issues, print "" works now, but won't
work if it's a function. (Only print (""); ).

The same is true for echo.

Derick

 Did I help you?   http://www.jdimedia.nl/derick/link.php?url=giftlist
 Frequent ranting: http://www.jdimedia.nl/derick/