Honestly, I have to keep fighting this because I think that the
points you guys are making are proving the opposite point.  If I am
a web-designer and I want to change the look of the page, I am
presented with a template which is using a certain seperator.  Now,
as the designer I want to change that seperator...because the
implode() functionality must be hard-coded into the source code, I
have to enter the php source code to change the delimiter because it
needed special handling in the block loop.  In any other case, if I
wanted to delimiters on both sides or before each or after each
iteration, I could change them from the template, but the case of
having the delimiter only between the iterations makes it impossible
for the web developer to work independently.  So for that exact
reason I believe that the delimiter should be something that can be
specified somewhere in the template file.  I don't believe this is
an extension, but a very common itch that just needs to be
scratched.

Dan

p.s. I feel like a D.A. trying to win a lawsuit with little
evidence, but please try to see if my side makes any sense at all
before jumping back again...think about the design of templates and
this just seems to make perfect sense...I really won't argue this if
it wasn't so apparent to me.

> I absolutely agree with Bertrand here. Moreover i don't see a need for a
> extension of IT like that one. You can achieve something like that with
> a block structure like this:
>
> <!-- BEGIN myblock -->
> Link No. {LINK_NUMBER}
> {LINK_SEPERATOR}
> <!-- END myblock -->
>
> Just set LINK_SEPERATOR to '|' in the blocks where you need it and leave
> blank otherwise.
yes, having to change the source code...and hence no longer a
"template"