On Tue, 2002-06-18 at 02:18, Blake Barnett wrote:
> What is the recommended XML parser for use with PHP 4.2.1?  (and also
> 4.1.0 if anyone is willing to answer that as well?)
>
> >From reading the list archives I'm seeing a lot of people bash expat and
> lean toward libxml2, I just wanted to get the consensus before I commit
> a project to using one or the other.

Depends a bit on what you want to do with it.  If you are processing
huge amounts of xml data, you can get away with much lower memory
consuption with expat.  But if you must have a tree representation of
your XML, using the domxml extension is probably better.

 - Stig

--
Stig Sæther Bakken, Fast Search & Transfer ASA, Trondheim, Norway
http://pear.php.net/wishlist.php/ssb