On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Derick Rethans wrote:

> I think it's time to start the release process of PHP 4.2.3 in which a
> lot of bugs will be fixed that are in 4.2.1/4.2.2.

What about the build system - especially BSD_MAKEFILE stuff.

If we issue a warning like:
***WARNING***
PHP now defaults to using GNU make. It can be found on the contributed
cd-rom

If for some reason, you cannot use GNU make, run:
./build/bsd_makefile

Maybe even comment on the MAKE env variable, I think it'll be OK.

If no bug report comes in, we can safely take out all that stuff in 4.3,
like has been done in HEAD.

Met vriendelijke groeten / With kind regards,

IDG.nl
Melvyn Sopacua
WebMaster