Hi Sterling,

I'm not sure :-)
I'm 50/50 on integrating curl, because I know that it supports more features
than the current wrappers, but I'm not sure if it supports a rich enough
API to do the things that the streams API supports.

So, I need your opinion:

Does libcurl allow you to have progress notification callbacks,
so that scripts/extensions can act on notifications such as mime type,
file size, and overall progress?
(I know it can print out a progress bar, but we need something a little
bit more useful than that :-)

Can we wrap a curl handle up into a stream without too much trouble?
Is libcurl thread-safe?

The other stuff should be relatively easy (like HEAD requests and so on),
but if those two things look too hard, I'd be tempted to spend the effort
on improving the streams code instead of trying to force libcurl to fit
into streams.

Last time I looked, I didn't like the look of libcurl, but it's been
a while, so things might be better now.

Opinions please! :-)

--Wez.