Hello,

My question is if there is anyone working on an implementation of data hiding in php?
IE Public, private, and protected data types within php classes.  I can not find
anywhere mentioning this besides very few websites that say it is on the "TODO" list.

The research that I'm doing involves dynamically programming php from the internet
collectively with many users, of which some would have restricted access rights to
specific objects.  All objects would have certain data that I would need to be of type
private, ie owner id, permission mode, etc...  in order for the object security model
to be safe.  Without data hiding any user using this system could simply type
$Current_User->UID=0  which would then change the owner of this object, which happens
to be a user to 0, or god.  There may be a different way to implement this that I'm
not seeing, but any model that I come up with in php I can circumvent by some simular
means.

I may need to implement a servlet in java that keeps track of currently logged in
users and objects in memory, but this would be more overhead than wanted.  If data
hiding was implemented in PHP I would be very excited.  If there is not already
someone working on it, perhaps I will roll up my sleeves and get my elbows dirty.

Thank you so much for reading.

Ben Dischinger
NDSU Computer Science