> But that is a bit of a twist of what "register_globals" is supposed to
> mean.  As far as I am concerned register_globals only affects how data is
> imported into PHP.  Having that flag trigger other behaviours is
> completely undocumented and outside the scope of the original intent of
> register_globals.  You are effectively overloading register_globals.

    Nope, it is not.

     If track_vars is enabled and register_globals  is disabled,
     only members of the global associative array
     $HTTP_SESSION_VARS can be registered as session variables.
     The restored session variables will only be available in the
     array $HTTP_SESSION_VARS.

    http://de.php.net/manual/en/ref.session.php

    - Sascha