The config option just makes it easier to find, especially when you delete
aspell from the tree.

You would basically try to accomplish, that:
./configure --help | grep aspell

yields something and possibly hint to pspell.

How that is done is insignificant. But adding --with-gnu-aspell would allow
to move it to that name
at some point in time, since GNU packages generally don't change names :-)

my 2.20173 eurocents :)

At 10:20 10/7/2002 -0700, Vlad Krupin wrote:

>The new and improved GNU aspell happpens to be almost 100%
>source-compatible with pspell, in fact, no changes to php source are
>necessary to use it. I am against creating a yet-another config option.
>We've got a few of those already.
>
>I have no problem with nuking aspell and placing a dummy entry in the docs
>(akin to www.php.net/delete) telling people to use pspell, because, as far
>as PHP is concerned, it's the same thing, if that's ok with everyone else.
>But I don't see a good reason for an alias where you don't need one.
>
>just my 2 kopecks :)
>
>Vlad
>
>Melvyn Sopacua wrote:
>
>>Agreed, but there's one problem:
>>
>>The pspell as you know and love it, is now named "GNU Aspell 0.52".
>>The pspell extension must be used, to build with GNU Aspell - the API has
>>been
>>kept as an 'alias' for this purpose.
>>
>>So I vote for:
>>--with-aspell -> /dev/null
>>--with-gnu-aspell -> AC_ARG_WITH alias for --with-pspell - nothing more.
>>
>>No seperate directory, nor renaming or aliasing of functions.

>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>You're right. aspell is a survival of an antiquated tradition. pspell is
>>>much
>>>better. So /dev/null sounds a great place for antiques ;-)
>>>
>>>DJ Anubis
>>>

>>>--
>>

>>Met vriendelijke groeten / With kind regards,
>>
>>Webmaster IDG.nl
>>Melvyn Sopacua
>>
>><@Logan> I spent a minute looking at my own code by accident.
>><@Logan> I was thinking "What the hell is this guy doing?"
>>

>--
>Vlad Krupin
>Software Engineer
>echospace.com

</MELVYN>

void wakeup() {
         for(unsigned int cuppajava;drink();cuppajava++);
}