Colin Viebrock wrote:
> Yasuo Ohgaki's post earlier today said:
>>>First problem, CSS should not contain specific font
>>>name. Otherwise, characters may be broken under some
>>>browsers when font does not have type faces needed.
>>

> Although, to be honest, I think his problem is more with the character
> set that is being sent with phpinfo pages.  I'm guessing he has a

It is well known font issue. Some browser won't try to use other
fonts when font specified is missing type faces. If you really would
like to list specific font, list CJK and other fonts first then western
fonts.

Anyway, you have been resolved this.

> Japanese version of Arial, that's missing some of the characters like
> &eactue; etc..  Since the page is probably outputting
> charset="shift-JIS" or whatever, the page looks broken.

AFAIK, there is no Arial that includes CJK.

--
Yasuo Ohgaki