> > > hmm.. any case that could be added perhaps in a more
> > > "imagecreatetruecolor" friendly way, a patch is better than no
> > > patch, even if it doesnt allways work :/ or atleast a function which
> > > would convert a gd resource created with imagecreate() to a
> > > truecolor one, the opposite of imagetruecolortopalette()
> >
> > As I see in others GD function, allow it only only for true color
> > image.
>
> wake up pa :-)
>
> What about allowing it only for truecolor images ?
>
> And just a thougt, making truecolor by default will be nice and make
> the code cleaner and easier to maintain, for all formats, comments ?

actually, i agree on making everything truecolor by default, as long as
ttftext gets fixed, and functions added

gif support is not likely to be re-added, correct?

perhaps you should really consider renaming this extension and functions
instead of continuing a gd spinoff, im having trouble "detecting" wether i
use gd1.x or 2.x allready, i had to parse phpinfo() for that. (subtile hint:
perhaps having phpinfo() output xml code would be also good, or adding
phpinfo_xml())

p.s. is development on the original libgd officially stopped and/or
propertiary so there is no public CVS of its latest version?