Hi Bob,

I'm interested in this becoming more mainstream, although I personally
dislike mssql; the only current alternative that works in a similar way
is one of the packages that Dan mentioned (I forget which) - it was
difficult to configure as it required quite a large amount of fiddling
around on both unix and win32 sides; the TCO was too high.

If your ODBTP is simple to configure, then I'd consider using it for
those clients that insist on a commercial database (using mysql is
causing a few ripples, even though though they need not worry).
However, I'm currently too busy to try it out, so I'm not a suitable
candidate for testing.

As for developer interest; most of the "big boys" are attending a
conference this week/weekend, so don't be disheartened if you still
haven't had much response before the next weekend.

To php-dev: I feel that Robert has had a bit of a cool reception;
opensource development relies on positive feedback to make progress.

Robert must be a skilled programmer to have written this package;
don't forget that he has written a php extension, designed a custom
protocol and written the code for unix and windows to make all those
work together, and all of this without any help from us.
(Most people end up asking at least one question here on php-dev
when they write a php extension)

Let's put aside our animosity towards MS and remain objective; it
seems to me that ODBTP could prove to be a really useful library/
extension.

--Wez.